Cogetherm composites are designed for electro-mechanical and thermo-mechanical applications requiring one or more of the following properties: good machinability, excellent resistance to heat and/or open flame up to 1832ºF (1000ºC), low thermal conductivity, excellent electrical insulation, extremely high resistance to pressure, high resistance to impact (cracking, and chipping), impervious to most chemicals (including oil, grease, and water), asbestos-free, and ecologically safe and non-toxic.
|Density ( g/cm³ )||2.15|
|Density ( #/ft³ )||134|
|Water Absorption||<1 % After 48 Hrs.|
|Thickness ( in )||Up to 3|
|Thickness ( mm )||76|
|Arc Resistance ( sec )||>420|
|Dielectric Strength at 68ºF (20ºC) ( V/mil )||625|
|Dielectric Strength at 68ºF (20ºC) ( kV/mm )||25|
|Dielectric Strength at 752ºF (400ºC) ( V/mil )||325|
|Dielectric Strength at 752ºF (400ºC) ( kV/mm )||13|
|Dielectric Strength at 1112ºF (600ºC) ( V/mil )||250|
|Dielectric Strength at 1112ºF (600ºC) ( kV/mm )||10|
|Volume Resistivity at 68ºF (20ºC) ( ohm-cm )||>1016|
|Volume Resistivity at 752ºF (400ºC) ( ohm-cm )||>1012|
|Volume Resistivity at 932ºF (500ºC) ( ohm-cm )||>109|
|Dielectric Loss at 160ºC ( % )||<1|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 70ºF (21ºC) ( BTU-in/hr-ft²-ºF )||1.01|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 70ºF (21ºC) ( W/m-ºK )||0.15|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 500ºF (260ºC) ( BTU-in/hr-ft²-ºF )||1.19|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 500ºF (260ºC) ( W/m-ºK )||0.17|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 1000ºF (538ºC) ( BTU-in/hr-ft²-ºF )||1.66|
|Thermal Conductivity (Cross Plane) at 1000ºF (538ºC) ( W/m-ºK )||0.24|
|Untrimmed Plate Size ( in )||40 x 48|
|Untrimmed Plate Size ( mm )||1016 x 1220|
|Usable Area ( in )||39.37 x 47.24|
|Usable Area ( mm )||1000 x 1200|
|Tolerance on Thickness||Plate from 0.06 - 0.2 (1.5 - 5 mm) = ± 7%|
Plate from 0.2 - 1.2 (5 - 30 mm) = ± 5%
Plate from 1.2 - 3 (30 - 76 mm) = ± 3%
The Cogetherm properties listed represent typical average values obtained in accordance with accepted test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variations. They are supplied as a technical service and are subject to change without notice. Check with your supplier to assure current information.
An excellent asbestos replacement material, Cogetherm can be used for many high temperature and electrical applications including the following:
- Due to its excellent resistance to pressure at temperature, Cogetherm can be used for press insulation between the platen and the die to minimize the transfer of heat through the press mechanism, saving energy ancell nameecreasing process cycle times.
- In the construction of induction and arc furnaces, Cogetherm is used as thermal and electrical insulation, taking advantage of its excellent permeability to high frequency waves.
- In the field of induction heated equipment for brazing aluminum and copper discs to cooking utensils, Cogetherm is the ideal replacement for asbestos-cement plates.
- Cogetherm is used in high voltage appliances due to its dielectric qualities and its resistance to electric arc and erosion.
- In the distribution of gases through pipes, internal network connections are sealed using Cogetherm gaskets due to its resistance to pressure and its extraordinary thermal properties which result in the prevention of gas leaks, even during a fire.
- Applications which require very clean, dust-free, abrasion resistant insulation with extremely low permeability to water and oil are well suited for Cogetherm. Somcell namexamples are insulators & pads for hot glass handling, electricell nameircuit board parts and electrical insulating components, high temperature insulation for the food processing industry, and any application which requires a clean, dust-free material which will not dispel particles or fibers.
Foundry Service and Supplies is a full-service fabricator with an unmatched reputation for quick turn-around and competitive pricing. We can easily handle any job for fabricated parts or stock sheets, from high production quantities to prototypes. Our quality and reliability make Foundry Service the best choice for all of your high temperature material requirements.
Up to .080 (2 mm) thick Cogetherm can be punched. We recommend that tools be fitted with draw rings. Above .080 (2 mm), we recommend machining (sawing, drilling, etc.) with high speed steel, tungsten carbide, or diamond tools and cutters. A hold-down plate is recommended to clamp the mica plate while it is being machined to prevent delamination. Cogetherm can be CNC, laser, or water jet cut.